Network Security Engineer - Madison, WI or Schaumburg, IL or Knoxville, TN
8/28/2017 2:31:14 PM
Plan, design, engineer, develop, implement, and troubleshoot infrastructure security technologies on a rapidly-changing customer-servicing data network. Provide subject matter expertise around specific technologies. Provide project management for the deployment of customer-servicing projects. Evaluate and implement new technologies, policies, and procedures for business network operations. Perform analysis and prepare reports in support of data network monitoring, improvement, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop and implement strategies for securing assets, customer services delivery, and regulatory/audit compliance.
- Perform 24x7 advanced tier troubleshooting, including off-hour maintenance activities, problem resolution, and on-call troubleshooting efforts during data network outages
- Perform security engineering tasks such as implementing firewall changes, establishing VPNs with partner companies, AAA administration, and administration of DNS records.
- Provide guidance/training to more junior staff
- Engineers and implements solutions on wide variety of data network and data security elements
- Manage project tasks in all geographical locations by performing all elements of network security engineering duties, including securing informational asset infrastructure, regulatory compliance and audit (Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, and others), security of customer-facing services, security elements of cross-functional multi-departmental company initiatives and projects, as well as securing all Internet, Extranet, and Virtual Private Network connections
- Actively and constructively foster a team working environment.
The preceding job description indicates the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work to be performed. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required to do this job. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) in related technical / business area or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience
- Minimum 2 years in information security and/or network engineering
- Certification in data network engineering and/or security preferred (CISSP, CCNA)
- Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of complementary technical fields (i.e.: data network engineering, operating systems, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting methodologies
- Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.