Operations Analyst, Incentive Compensation
11/8/2017 2:28:09 AM
This position works with all levels of leadership to provide data, insights and construct meaningful proactive recommendations to assess the performance of indirect channel incentive compensation.
The Analyst will ideate, create, and manage complex data sources to enable best in class forecasting, reporting, analysis and insights. Strong knowledge of predictive analytics and modeling will be used to evaluate channel performance related to incentive compensation, in order to improve sales forecasting, conduct performance studies and other related management processes.
Strong familiarity with compensation systems, contracts, and in establishing linkages and relationships across multiple sources of related and sometimes disparate data. Expertise in data modeling, statistical analysis and the ability to present analysis in a way that the management team can use to help drive decisions and/or key process improvements.
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide key data, analysis and decision support to MCSO leadership and indirect field sales to aid the Vice Presidents and Directors in setting indirect incentive compensation strategy. Includes analysis and guidance associated with meeting budget requirements, channel productivity and necessary performance expectations.
- Develop and update commission-related models that are flexible enough to adapt to a rapidly changing sales environment.
- Generate client and field activity reports needed to identify indirect channel sales trends.
- Prepare financial data to support monthly executive variance reporting of incentive expense trending to forecast.
- Efficiently prepare data, identify and study trends - retrospectively as well as predictively. The candidate will need to have an advanced level of understanding of sales processes, incentive compensation programs and indirect operating models.
- Communicate complex quota methodology and administration process with the field sales leadership team as well as the executive leadership team.
- Prepare and conduct analysis to support presentations for executive review.
- Provide tactical (routine/ad-hoc) and strategic analytical support to the assigned market on productivity and financial measures. This is inclusive of researching monthly financial results and compensation data to provide the business with key performance and financial metrics related to performance.
- Review, audit and approve all quota methodology calculations.
- Administer, audit and coordinate sales forecasting processes both quarterly and monthly.
- Perform regular data audits and reconciliation to ensure data integrity and statement accuracy.
- Develop and implement techniques for analysis and projection of marketing and sales performance.
- Coach others outside of the department on key productivity metrics and improvement opportunities.
- Proactively suggest and develop metrics that will enable robust management decision-making.
- Work closely with channel sales leadership to define performance measurements and visualizations.
- Proactively identify opportunities for forecast process improvement.
- Create reports and generate ad-hoc reports per stakeholder requests.
- Travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other related field of study required.
- 5 years or more of experience demonstrating strong analytical skills are required.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Access and Word; specifically creating databases, development and utilization of macros and V-lookups, etc.
- Previous predictive and forecast modeling experience required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy/integrity of data required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Ability to navigate complex organizational structures and 3rd party relationships with discretion, confidentiality and professionalism is required.
- Project Management experience required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities required.
- 3-5 years in finance, compensation, operations, or sales operations position(s)
- Experience in data management and reporting required; quota management preferred.
- Ability to synthesize various, independently generated, data points into a cohesive analysis.
- Proven skills performing thorough quantitative and qualitative analyses using available technology tools.
- Experience with sales-related software applications (POS, SAP, compensation systems, etc.).
- Proven expertise in creating effective, audience-appropriate presentations that enable executive-level decision-making.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Wireless industry experience a plus.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.