Manager, Client Technologies
11/3/2017 2:28:50 AM
Responsible for managing the Client Solutions technology infrastructure. Ensures the delivery and operational success in accordance with established procedures and practices. Monitors performance, lifecycle, and stability of the client infrastructure. Partners with business and establish a process for effective management of client priorities. Provide input into the overall IT strategy and scoping and planning activities for projects. Analyze the impact on the organization when making or facilitating decisions.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Develop the client solutions staff though active performance management, writing appraisals, giving feedback and helping staff design their individual development plans.
- Promote effective teamwork and manage workload of staff to ensure team members are consistently challenged.
- Plan optimum lifecycle and procurement of client hardware and software, including client management tools and associated services to meet the Company's objectives.
- Develop, review, and communicate the client solutions delivery plan and roadmap in conjunction with senior leadership and company objectives.
- Maintain open communications with support staff to keep them apprised of operational situations that impact or may impact their respective areas.
- Develop, manage, and communicate key performance indicators and service level objectives throughout all levels of the organization. Partner with management and technical staff to ensure timely, accurate, and cost effective service delivery
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside Information Systems.
- Responsible for ensuring production system stability and SLAs/KPIs are met.
- Drives initiatives that reduce operational risk and on-going support.
- Leads the production support issue resolution process for high priority end user impacting issues.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in corporate IT. Experienced working in a matrixed organization preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in management positions over highly-skilled IT professionals.
- 3+ years of experience managing IT projects.
- Preferred ITIL or Six Sigma certification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Periodic travel may be required (less than 10%).
Relevant Technical Skills
- Business Applications: Billing & Rating, Activation & Provisioning, CRM/Customer Service, Remedy Trouble Ticketing
- Call Center Technologies: ACD/PBX, CTI, IVR, Call Center Quality Assurance systems, Workforce Management systems, VoIP
- Office Automation: Microsoft Office
- Planning & Design: Microsoft Project, Visio
- Client Management: Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Symantec Management Platform, MacAfee Endpoint Encryption, AppSense, Flexera Flexnet , Symantec Endpoint Protection, Enterprise Mobile Management tools, Software packaging and deployment methodologies (Admin Studio), PowerShell Scripting .
- Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Remedy
- Information Risk Mgmt: Active Directory, Anti-virus technologies (Symantec Suite or other comparable solutions)
- Hardware: Desktop hardware, Laptop hardware, Thin Clients, Printers, Avaya Telephones, Tablets Audio/Visual Conferencing Hardware
- O/S & Network: Windows 7, Citrix, TCP/IP, Routers, Switches
- Standards & Methodology: ITIL, Project Management
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.