Please Note: This position can be based out of Knoxville - TN, Cedar Rapids - IA, Bedford - NH, Madison - WI, Tulsa - OK or Schaumburg - IL
The National Access Engineer plan, engineers, integrates, and troubleshoots infrastructure technologies with the customer-servicing network including: Diameter, EPC LTE and IMS VOLTE call flows. This position has a broad understanding of IP delivery of postpaid and prepaid services, focusing on the signaling/control plane to setup data and IP VOLTE call sessions. This role supports the implementation of IP data and IP voice services over LTE. This role is responsible for ensuring operational readiness contributing to the Low Level Design based on architectural and high level design of the network platforms. This position requires an understanding of call flows from an end to end solution point of view. This position interacts with equipment vendor as well as support for initial provisioning and configuration data requirement. This role has responsibility for providing input to Project Managers on technical deliverables, interfacing with leadership on the implementation, and the operational readiness of new technologies. The role requires the ability to understand reusable practices, adherence to processes/policies, as well as to automate operational readiness where possible.
• Support the overarching engineering vision, comprehending High level design documents.
• Implement new technologies, and procedures for network engineering.
• Utilize tools to perform, troubleshoot, and decode packet captures of data sessions and IP-based call flows.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of network protocols such as diameter, RTP, and SIP as well as LTE/VoLTE interfaces.
• Provide input for CIQs and RFPs and technical discussions for the deployment of new applications or technologies.
• Participates in infrastructure deployment reviews by performing technical analysis.
• Supports implementations of network and system requirements monitoring performance and capacity monitoring to reduce costs.
• Support configuration management to network elements assessing system infrastructure impacts.
• Support Network Element alarm definitions as part of the operational readiness of the network.
• Perform network changes and testing of those changes into our production networks
• Perform Lab testing and verification of new technology.
• Interact with partner organizations and departments to help deploy solutions.
• Update network documentation and provide handoffs ensure knowledge transfers to operations
• Develop and/or peer review “Method of Procedure” documents for new engineering changes.
• Provide an escalation point to operations for production infrastructure related issues, supporting problem identification and resolution
• Interfaces with the vendors’ technical staff on critical/escalated network and system and performance/capacity related impairments
• Foster USCC cultures by practicing its values and behaviors through the organization.
• Collaborates across organizational boundaries.
• Effectively demonstrate ability to work in a team environment to resolve issues
• Participates in, and encourages a knowledge-sharing environment.
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
"EEO is the Law" Poster | "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement | Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision | Dept of Labor FMLA poster | Employee PolyGraph Protection Act Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at: Accommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org