This role is responsible for ensuring the performance of the service platforms on the U.S. Cellular wireless network for both consumer and business customers. This role is the subject matter expert for driving network stability and issue resolution. The position is responsible for the day to day measurements and operational performance of quality services that meet the needs of our customers. This position is responsible for driving improvements for services for our wireless customers, including: text messaging, picture messaging, visual voicemail, voicemail to text, 4G device activation and roaming provisioning, data compression platforms, CMAS, as well as new VoLTE services such as presence, VoLTE 911, etc.
• Proactively monitor the performance of the service platforms on the U.S Cellular wireless network.
• Analyze failures and map to root cause guides to minimize similar future failures.
• Minimize outage time to drive service outages to resolution
• Improve and monitor service performance by defining metrics prior to deployments and then measure actual performance against forecast
• Identify, initiate, and coordinate actions to maintain or improve service levels.
• Identify performance improvements in conjunction with the Service Engineering teams
• Maintain the service catalogue
• Provide reporting on service quality and remediation plans to improve.
• Support planning through launch phases of any service that resides on either an owned platform or is a customer facing service that uses our wireless network.
• SME for existing tools to enhance analysis and troubleshooting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the wireless industry
• Ability to work in a cross functional team required.
• Strong written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
• Well versed in database reporting engines such as IBM Cognos, R Script, Crystal, SQL preferred.
• Working knowledge of End to End Data Networks and demonstrated advanced knowledge for the skills listed below: Services: VoLTE Presence, UT Proxy, 4G/LTE, MIP, SIP, Data Roaming, MMS, SMS, SIM OTA, FOTA, OTA, CMAS, L2TP tunneling from the USCC network to enterprise customer’s LNS, dynamic public IP assignments and static public IP assignments.
• Must possess an attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks required.
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE, ESSENTIAL DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB. TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL DUTY SATISFACTORILY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY REQUIRED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.