Sr Mgr Revenue Analysis
11/14/2017 2:28:18 AM
In conjunction with marketing, the position owns the development of rate plan and product portfolio pricing and promotional strategies that will deliver over $4 Billion in annual revenue and over 3 million customer activations and upgrades. This includes development of key strategies and tactics as well as development and ownership of all financial and decision analytics used to recommend pricing and promotional changes. Lead the organization through the creation of the revenue, product, usage, roaming, equipment and loyalty quarterly forecast and annual budget processes. This includes leading cross functional teams in the design of programs and measures to deliver overall business results and budget targets.
As this position is viewed as a key integrator of marketing, financial, engineering and operational data, the ideal candidate will be a proven leader with strong financial, analytical, and communication skills who can champion highly visible projects that impact the direction and performance of the organization.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the finance, marketing, engineering, and sales operations organizations in the creation and accuracy of the revenue, equipment, usage, roaming, and loyalty budgets and forecasts. As part of the process the position is responsible for: leading and influencing cross functional teams in the creation of plans and tactics that deliver on overall business results/budget goals and reviewing and verifying the completeness of data and processes to ensure constant assumptions are used to make critical business decisions.
- Responsible for the Development of models and reporting on Price Plan, Device, and Channel profitability and Lifetime Value. Based on current business results, industry trends and the economic environment, provide insights and projections on future performance and drive recommendations and decisions to improve overall business results.
- In conjunction with the marketing team develop the quarterly pricing and promotional strategies. Provide financial expertise and analysis for all pricing and promotional proposals, provide overall recommendations to senior leaders, and complete after action reviews of results. Based on key learning from after action reviews, develop strategies and changes to the process that will enhance future promotional effectiveness.
- Lead the development and analysis of all rate plan and pricing structures for the enterprise. Develop financial and pricing models to determine the profitability and recommend changes to senior leadership.
- Drive accountability and provide organizational leadership through monthly explanation and assessment of business results compared to budget and forecast. Acts as a catalyst for change by driving results and playing a strong leadership role in finding solutions to achieve overall company financial objectives.
- Lead high-complexity and highly visible organization wide assignments and projects that require aligning resources, completing research, developing new thinking/approaches and shaping strategic direction.
- Establish and maintain critical business partner relationships, especially as it relates to senior members of business partner leadership teams.
- Collects appropriate data as necessary to prepare ad-hoc analysis as requested by management. The types and nature of these analyses will vary according to the needs of the business. These analyses are performed to provide decision support for management in evaluating the possible outcomes of various strategic and tactical decisions.
- Remains strategic in thought and provides a big-picture perspective on issues and potential solutions. Assignments include the most technically challenging analytics; requiring research or creation of new approaches.
- Passionately exhibits the values and behaviors of the Dynamic Organization, and take ownership of strengthening our business model.
- Remain current on industry trends and changes in the fields of finance and accounting that impact our ability to provide needed financial expertise to our business partners.
- Lead, develop and coach team members. Ensure that each team member has a defined and measurable role and that expectations are communicated and clear. Ensures that each team member receives appropriate level of ongoing feedback on performance. Provides encouragement, recognition and vision to the team. Facilitates the understanding and adoption of the principles of the Dynamic Organization. Provides effective cross training to minimize process downtime and maximize development of associates. Ensures each team member has an actively managed personal and career development plan.
- Bachelor degree on Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing or related discipline required. MBA and/or CPA highly desired.
- 8- 10 years of broad financial or marketing management experience with at least 3-5 years of supervision.
- Prior experience in budgeting, forecasting and decision analysis required. Experience in pricing analysis and demand forecasting strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of the wireless industry required. Wireless operations experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of financial management principles, practice and procedure and a general knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including experience in presenting to senior leadership. Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong project planning and management skills are a must; ability to breakdown complex problems into manageable goals is required.
- Ability to synthesize various, independently generated, data points into a cohesive analysis.
- Experience leading cross functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Extensive knowledge of computer software, general ledger and financial systems. Strong PC literacy skills in a Windows environment with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access and Word).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of management and associates.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.