This position has a primary focus on service management operations across our wireless service domains; in addition, to supporting new services in both todays environment and as the services/technology evolves to always be ahead and ready for that next wireless service. The Senior Mobile Services Operations Engineer will guide, define, and execute operational responsibility for our mobile services. This role provides counsel to leadership on needed improvements and enhancements to mobile services. This position will perform top-tier level troubleshooting in large scale troubleshooting efforts for restoring service outages in collaboration with other support organizations as needed.
• Manage effective issue identification and resolution process. Serves as the focal point for end-to-end issues / crisis escalation and resolution on challenging problems.
• Leads the development of tools and documentation to assist call center teams in the resolution of customer tickets in a timely manner.
• Develops and utilizes analytical and development tools to proactively manage and support our wirelss services health.
• Actively participate in key vendor/industry forums to help guide service health best practices and team technical development activities
• Lead and/or Participate in process improvement initiatives, with special emphasis on wireless service enhancements for the customer experience.
• Interacts with partner organizations/departments with special emphasis on the Mobile Core and Services Operations and Engineering teams, Product Management and Device Engineering teams to support service solutions for our customer-servicing network.
• Assist and provide input with the management of the Opex and Capex budgets for the team.
• Coordinate and drives advanced tier troubleshooting, including problem resolution, root cause analysis and on-call for all mobile services.
• Influences the development of a full suite of documentation as it relates to the Mobile Services environement (Call Flows, end to end topologies, etc.) including tools used for day to day operations
• Support new services launch with focus on proper operational readiness and transition.
• Participate in or lead industry/vendor forums to guide service development activities.
• Work with call center organizations to monitor ticket volume and ticket handling trends to drive process improvement for customer ticket resolution between call center teams and the engineering organization.
• Coordinate activities with the Service Engineering delivery and Service Assurance teams to ensure alignment and that operational measures for service quality are met.
• Identifies changes needed in the Mobile Services configuration to achieve the service availability and reliability goals
• Analyzes network wireless services and determines tuning recommendations to improve performance.
• Actively maintains an inventory of our current services to expedite the resolution process and advises team on best approach.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, abilities, and skills required of associates so classified. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
"EEO is the Law" Poster | "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement | Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision | Dept of Labor FMLA poster | Employee PolyGraph Protection Act Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at: Accommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org