Sr Mgr Strategy & Ecosystem Development
11/28/2017 2:30:46 PM
Independent oversight and leadership of several key company strategy processes and analytics. Lead a team of strategy managers and analysts. Provide critical thought leadership, insight, and decision support to the USCC Executive Team. Serve as a key liaison between the Finance Organization and the Marketing, Sales Operations, Engineering, and IS organizations in regard to annual strategic long range forecasting. Responsible for team development including continuous education, leadership development and process improvement.
- Provide critical thought leadership and recommended courses of action to projects and analytical work.
- Oversee the team's production of the company's annual strategic long range forecast. Responsible for quality control.
- Oversee the team's work in regard to the quarterly update of the company's enterprise risk management process, Responsible for quality control.
- Oversee the team's production of quarterly market-level strategic analysis.
- Provide insight and decision support to the Executive Team and to cross-functional business partners in regard to strategic decision-making.
- Oversee the evaluation of industry trends and interpret their potential impact on USCC strategy and/or valuation forecasting.
- Support the scenario analysis process including scenario development and signpost monitoring.
- Lead the design and development of the industry/competitive analysis module of the annual strategy assessment process.
- Lead the design and development of the risk and opportunity assessment module of the annual strategy assessment process.
- Play a leadership role in engagements involving third party consultants.
- Build an effective team committed to organizational goals, foster collaboration among team members and teams. Lead, manage, coach, inspire and develop staff.
- Accurately assess strengths and development needs of team members; give timely, specific feedback and coaching; provide teams and associates challenging assignments and opportunities for development.
- Present analysis and insights to the Executive Team.
- Participate in meetings with the TDS Development Team.
- Lead efforts around continuous team knowledge improvement regarding the absorption and application of new analytical concepts (via external training and independent research).
- Likely to deal with highly confidential information on a regular basis - requiring a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
Specific Skills Required
- Strong knowledge of decision analysis tools and techniques.
- Deploy discounted cash flow analysis and other financial techniques to model net present value and valuations.
- Develop a familiarity with third-party strategic alliance structures and their implications including joint ventures, corporate venturing etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of strategic analytical frameworks around situational analysis, competitive strategy, and industry analysis (e.g., Porter's Five Forces, etc.).
- Knowledge of how to effectively incorporate risk and probability in analyses. Requires competency in the use of Crystal Ball software and the ability to interpret it's results.
- Requires a familiarity with principles of innovation and their potential application at U.S. Cellular.
- Requires strong team leadership skills and experience.
- Requires effective communications skills in regard to both team leadership and executive team presentation effectiveness and presence.
- Requires a broad and thorough understanding of USCC operations across all key functional areas.
- Demonstrates a high level of ownership of assigned projects and shows independent initiative.
- Deals with forward-looking analyses often characterized by a high degree of uncertainty in the data.
- Requires an ability to draw actionable conclusions from imperfect information.
- Works in an environment where priorities change frequently.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA highly desired.
- 8-10 years of broad experience in financial analysis/accounting required. Wireless operations experience a plus.
- Familiarity with strategy concepts and frameworks is required.
- Ability to function effectively in cross-functional teams is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and ability to meet competing priority due dates. Flexibility and ability to re-prioritize team activities highly desired.
- Very high strategic and analytic thinking skills are required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Familiarity with financial valuation techniques (i.e., discounted cash flow, etc.) is preferred.
- Business knowledge of the wireless industry is a plus.
- Industry knowledge outside of the wireless environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with decision analysis and/or probabilistic analysis methods is a plus.
- Understanding of U.S. Cellular operations is a strong plus.
- Flexible attitude with changing assignments and priorities is imperative.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.