Segmentation & Base Management (Marketing)
12/28/2017 2:31:30 PM
The Manager, Segmentation & Base Management, is primarily responsible for driving the evolution and optimization of how U.S. Cellular targets, engages and manages our base of ~5M customers. This NEW role will be critical to unlocking the strategic power of data to both serve our customers and achieve our team’s objectives of maximizing customer engagement and driving profitable growth.
The ideal candidate will be driven by curiosity and have the ability to balance strategic and analytic marketing acumen to effectively navigate, guide and influence an array of initiatives from conceptualization to execution/results realization.
This role will serve as a subject matter expert in understanding U.S. Cellular’s base and segmentation and developing strategies to drive actionable improvement in customer retention and overall profitability. In addition to the collaborator aspect of this role, this position will have significant operational and implementation responsibilities which include an array of activities from enhancing the integration with other marketing/operational teams to improving the measurement and effectiveness of various initiatives. This is a unique opportunity to join a high performance team that is leading and reimaging how U.S. Cellular engages with our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Facilitates the analysis of the base to drive deep and powerful insights that can be supported through actions to drive improvements in customer lifetime value.
Drive cross functional team responsible for providing a deep understanding of our base. Define key actions, data modeling and customer segmentation that will evolve and increase effectiveness of communications and targeted offers to current customers.
Track cohorts and segments of customers and develop action plans to drive customer engagement and cross-sell/up-sell opportunities within specific targeted segments.
Demonstrates strong leadership and influence skills to gain credibility with and drive decision-making with cross functional stakeholders across the enterprise.
Ensures all promotions and pricing value propositions, tactics, and messaging are consistent and integrated with overall marketing and channel strategies that support the long-term retention of our customers.
Forms hypotheses and synthesizes fact-based conclusions into recommendations including preparing and delivering comprehensive business cases to executive management.
Seeks to reassess and streamline current initiatives. Challenge status quo and apply best practices to ensure resources are allocated effectively and driving results.
Specific Skills Required:
Strong business/marketing acumen and customer focus. Experience working cross-functionally and driving initiatives between marketing and data analytic teams.
Ability to leverage a solutions-based orientation as well as both quantitative and qualitative data points to develop distinct and grounded points of view focused on enhancing the customer value proposition.
Ability to successfully collaborate and effectively communicate across organizational boundaries, including strong relationship and project management skills.
Demonstrated analytical capabilities in the areas of Financial Impact Analysis, Sensitivity Analysis, and Price Elasticity.
Ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative research to generate consumer insights.
Strong team orientation with ability to provide peer feedback and facilitate shared growth.
Ability to analyze issues, navigate ambiguity and develop and deploy solutions within a dynamic, ever changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Marketing, Finance, or a related area preferred; MBA or graduate level degree in a related field is a plus.
- 5-7 years business experience, with an emphasis in either marketing, pricing or promotional leadership roles, or financial/statistical modeling; wireless or consumer goods industry experience is preferred.
- Strong project planning and project management skills are a must. Comfort with ambiguity required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including experience making presentations to senior leadership required
- Demonstrated negotiation and meeting facilitation skills as well as experience leading cross functional teams team members that are not direct reports required.
- Demonstrated accountability for having set and implemented complex strategies as either the leader or significant contributor to a cross functional team. The ability to hold collaborators and associates accountable for performance and progress is required.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Data querying skills a plus.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.