This position is responsible for in scope strategic direction, processes and procedures for three critical areas within the Access Operations Organization organization that will ensure the highest possible levels of service, compliance to standards and processes and asset management of financially significant network equipment.
Selects, develops, and evaluates staff to ensure the efficient operations of:
• Central Return Center/RMA Management
• Engineering Fixed Asset Management
• National Network Compliance and Audits Program
• Develops and implements strategies for all activities relating to Fixed Asset SOX controls and network compliance measurements
• Partner with other key business units regarding internal and Sarbanes-Oxley fixed asset controls by providing scoping, planning, reporting, remediation, and follow-up
• Develops and implements effective strategies and tactics to analyze and identify risk and to ensure compliance within the Engineering organization
• Produces and delivers regular business review reports of operational compliance results for senior leadership and key external stakeholders
• Facilitates and leads cross functional and intra-functional teams in planning and risk mitigation processes
• Leads and executes the strategic direction of efforts in prioritization of technical issues that warrant the development of processes specific to fixed asset compliance and sparing and repair strategies
• Responsible for the strategic management of multiple projects and groups in the areas of risk compliance, technical auditing and the national equipment return and repair program.
• Effective management of budgets and resources allocations
• Responsible for professional staff development, performance management and review, and career planning/coaching
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB.
• Bachelor degree in related discipline or equivalent experience required; masters or MBA preferred
• Minimum 10 years business experience in operations, with 7+ years of leadership experience
• Strong understanding of generally accepted financial and accounting principles required
• Advanced knowledge of telecommunication, engineering and/or network operations
• Possess the ability to work effectively in an environment of changing requirements and processes
• Familiarity with the Sarbanes-Oxley act is required
• Ability to build a cross-functional team is required
• Exceptional leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills are required
• Business knowledge of wireless industry a plus
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.