The Associate Automation Engineer will assist with engineering and implementing of solutions that remove toil from the organization by using technologies such as automation, software orchestration, software development, self-optimizing, self-configuring, and self-testing functions. This role is expected to have domain engineering knowledge (Access Engineering/Access Operations/Core operations/Service Engineering/Security/DevOps) and expertise in software development skills. The role will leverage knowledge in automation toolsets and techniques to implement the appropriate automation processes to improve efficiencies over time.
• Assist with designing, engineering, and implementing software driven solutions.
• Utilize Agile and DevOps development techniques for platform/system development to enable automation.
• Work as a team member within the automation and IS teams to identify and implement automation solutions within engineering that will improve reliability, decrease workload and improve agility.
• Work on projects to identify areas that are high labor intensive, expensive to execute, or repetitive in nature to reduce cost and redundancy.
• Assist with training on new/modified processes.
• Provide ongoing support for implemented automation processes.
• Assist with documentation of major activities within engineering that focus on area that are high cost and/or labor-intensive, with a focus on prioritizing those with the greatest impact to the business.
• Maintain continuous integration and software deployment processes across distributed automation platform that supports the automation teams.
• Conduct automation and configuration management.
• Utilize software orchestration, automation, and software development skills to develop solutions to configure, monitor, optimize, and test network domains.
• Assist with making recommendations to leadership team(s), covering relative costs of activities, opportunities for automation and benefits of automation.
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE, ESSENTIAL DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB. TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL DUTY SATISFACTORILY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY REQUIRED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
"EEO is the Law" Poster | "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement | Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision | Dept of Labor FMLA poster | Employee PolyGraph Protection Act Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at: Accommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org