Responsible for processing manual credit applications and evaluating/determining credit upgrades, in accordance with company guidelines, and the accurate input of customer information into the billing system as needed.
- Receives service agreement information by phone or fax from Sales Associates, Agents and Order Processors.
- Processes manual credit verification requests according to company guidelines and determines whether credit upgrades should be granted.
- Contacts references or researches customer accounts where credit decisions are required.
- Notifies Order Processors, Agents and Sales Associates of credit decisions and deposit requirements.
- Inputs service agreement information into billing system, when needed.
- Maintains and makes changes to consumer customer accounts.
- Processes various business applications and maintenance to those accounts.
- Assists in other tasks or projects, including back up to Order Processors, as needed.
Customer Service, Customer Service Sales, Credit, Collections, Customer Care, Customer Service, Collections Inbound, Telemarketing, Sales Agent, Call Center, Customer Service Agent, Customer Specialist, Customer Service Representative, Collections Manager, Collections Account Manager, Collections Specialist, Credit Specialist, Credit Agent
- High school diploma or state equivalency certification required; college degree preferred.
- Cellular experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years general office experience with one year in data or order entry preferred, preferably in a large volume order processing environment.
- Experience with credit decision analysis preferred.
- Strong data entry skills required.
- Experience with Windows based PCs, including general office software knowledge required.
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment required.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.