Director of Sales, Business Channel
1/10/2018 2:30:53 AM
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA US
The Director of Sales – Business Channel is responsible for planning and directing all business channel activities in a large geographic territory. These activities include outlining a local sales & growth strategy, aligning resources, and leading the achievement of superior business results, while simultaneously fostering the organization’s culture. This role requires strong business acumen, relationship building and high-impact communication capabilities in order to partner with a variety of support resources to deliver on the company’s strategic objectives.
- Develop and execute plans to achieve budgetary and subscriber growth expectations while increasing overall profitability
- Leverage a multitude of cultural indicators to create a strategic and disciplined approach intended to foster the organization’s culture
- Utilize internal and external resources to recruit, hire, develop and retain the diverse human capital essential for achieving business objectives
- Translate complex and integrated organizational strategies and initiatives into tactics and accountabilities for frontline associates and leaders
- Leverage customer experience indicators to build a plan which ensures associates and leaders are delivering a world-class experience with all customer interactions
- Interpret, communicate, and implement company policies and procedures while ensuring that proper controls are in place to protect company assets, confidential/proprietary information, and compliance with policies.
- Collaborate with corporate and field support functions to remove barriers and enhance the practice of continuous improvement
- Ensure the people resources are allocated in alignment with the company’s strategic priorities
- Leverage significant expertise in sales process acumen including but not limited to needs assessment, account review, funnel management, proposal development, etc.
- Lead team in selling complex technical solutions in the machine to machine and Internet of Things spaces both through brick and mortar retail channels and directly to business customers
- Collaborate with corporate-owned and agent leaders to drive retail business sales while at the same time remaining focused on direct B2B sales
- Travel extensively within the area of responsibility to support the growth and retention of our associates and customers
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA preferred
- 10 years of total business/sales experience required, with at least 7 years’ experience managing sales-oriented teams
- Experience leading large geographically dispersed teams is preferred
- Knowledge of customer experience and/or consumer insights practices preferred
- Experience leading large-scale organizational cultural leadership efforts
- Demonstrated experience in (cross functional) stakeholder management and engagement skills, preferred
- Travel required 50-75% in market and in other company areas.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.