The Pricing & Promotions Delivery Manager II role leads the planning, coordination, and implementation activities required to deliver new pricing and promotional strategies into market for an array of both targeted departmental and cross functional strategic initiatives intended to drive profitable subscriber acquisition and revenue growth and deliver upon annual and long term marketing objectives.
As a key, largely autonomous and visible leader on a team responsible for delivering new enablement and providing support for promotional offerings, device pricing, service / rate plan pricing, discounts, fees, and contracts for all products across all channels and regions where US Cellular does business, This role plays a critical role in crafting successful plans for delivery, as well as collaborating cross functionally to ensure broad based alignment and support of initiatives and changes. This position is a key integrator of marketing, financial and operational objectives, and is critical to the successful attainment of business goals by ensuring clarity, consistency, and timeliness of pricing and promotional offer deliver, as well as robust policy, communications, workflow and systematic support of both large and small scale pricing and promotional related initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead efforts to establish best practices and assess opportunities to further build and evolve functionality to support the various ways in which Pricing and Promotions supports its offers in the marketplace, including managing key vendor relationships and communication
- Serve as main Marketing point of contact for IS, EPM, MCSO, and key Marketing stakeholders to direct the needs of the business and customer facing intent of functionality that supports Pricing and Promotional offers and functionality that supports those offers in the marketplace
- Demonstrates strong, active, and visible leadership and significant influence skills to gain credibility with and drive alignment with leaders and stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Instrumental in providing strong and clear pricing and promotional leadership through the launch and implementation of pricing & promotional initiatives, ensuring that all value propositions, tactics, and messaging are consistent and integrated with overall marketing and channel strategies
- Identifies opportunities and streamlines processes where possible to improve cross functional alignment, gain buy in for Pricing & Promotional offerings, increase customer and associate clarity and understanding, and to more quickly deliver successful initiatives into market.
- Serves as key Marketing Pricing & Promotions point of contact and escalation for resolving system or billing issues, supporting pricing enhancements, supporting local/grass roots events, supporting each Promotional period, enhancing the integration with other marketing/operational teams, and improving the tracking, reporting, and compliance aspects of offerings in market.
- While results focused, the Manager II is also intended to be a role model and teacher among the team to foster growth, alignment, and collaboration within the full P&P team, as well as within Marketing as a whole.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience, with specific experience in pricing, promotional, or product marketing roles and wireless industry experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business is required. MBA or graduate level degree in a related field is preferred.
- Strong analytical and project planning skills are required.
- Significant experience leading cross-functional development teams and large-scale initiatives; ability to lead cross-functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including experience making presentations to senior management
- Solid negotiation and meeting facilitation skills; significant experience working with and leading diverse teams of individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to be an influencer who can set and/or implement strategy and a course of action.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.