Agent Sales & Development Manager
1/11/2018 2:31:49 AM
The Agent Sales and Development Manager acts as a business advisor to agent principals and their teams with a focus on driving results, guiding sales opportunities, and aligning/executing sales strategy. This position will lead through vision and values by raising the bar and driving sales execution through engagement. The position requires an influential leader with strong business acumen and an aptitude for building trusting relationships and influential partnerships. This highly effective communicator executes on U.S. Cellular's vision and delivers on business results through their assigned accounts.
- Accountable for achieving sales targets, maximizing productivity and ensuring Human Coverage.
- Develops strategies for results in partnership with agent principals and their key leaders; executes on growth readiness strategies.
- Drives the sales process through agent leadership and inspects adherence of agent associates.
- Provides a Train the Trainer approach to agent leadership- education driver/facilitator in all areas that touch the agent's business; oversees the proper execution and management of AIM (account information and management system), co-op utilization, Human Coverage, brand adherence, advertising program standards, graphic standards and product/services and others as determined by RSO from time to time.
- Supports agent area sales management by tracking agent productivity/trend analysis and communicating sales goals and productivity expectations.
- Ensures the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities
- Reviews contracts to ensure legal requirements are in compliance.
- Maintains open communications with market, regional and RSO leadership regarding changes in the indirect channel, development of marketing strategies or competitive issues.
- Oversee and audit the agent store locations and merchandising according to store standards.
- Lead by, and be an example of the principles of the Dynamic Organization.
- Travels within the area of responsibility; attends regional meetings and training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the leadership of U. S. Cellular.
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- A blend of business/industry acumen required
- Working knowledge of retail environment and indirect distribution programs required
- 5 to 7 years of retail sales experience required
- 5 years indirect distribution account management preferred
- 2 years prior direct report management experience preferred
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into manageable goals and tactical plans
- Strong analytical and financial acumen
- Strong organizational skill required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.