The Network Lead Services Manager collaborates, defines, and delivers network services that meet or exceed agreed upon service levels. The position will work with other functional disciplines to drive the performance of the end-to-end service. This position will lead the collaborative efforts for overall service performance within the areas of plan, deliver, operate, measure, and control of the services offered to our customers. The individual will be focused on the day-to-day measrurements and operational performance of quality services that meet the needs of our customers.
• Responsible for the end-to-end service performance where the position will work to collabortate and influence the overall design, tools deployment, measurements, and policies and procudures associated to the deployed service.
• Identify, champion and promote network service improvements on an ongoing basis to continually improve quality and customer satisfaction
• Design, implement, and review service metrics (KPIs) that identify the success of the services being utilized to recommend and coordinate implementation of changes to network services to improve metrics
• Define and maintain day to day responsibility for the ownership and resolution (including any referral or escalation as may be necessary) of end to end service issues
• Create and maintain the service catalog description of services offered
• Define and implement Service and Operational Level Agreements (SLA/OLAs) for USCC’s internal teams – including: responsibilities, processes and timeframes – in support of service delivery.
• Analyze and review actual service performance against SLAs and OLAs and identify areas of improvement that the Engineering and Operations teams will need to remediate.
• Formulate, agree and maintain an appropriate Service Level Management structure for Service Delivery
• Oversee creation and implementation of ITSM-based management processes and controls to ensure quality is maintained to meet business objectives
• Define and ensure appropriate SLAs are in place to support any new services
• Drive and manage inter-organizational process changes with process owners (e.g. incident, problem, release, change, and configuration management) in order to ensure proper service level are achieved
• Define and provide regular reports on service performance and achievement
• Evolve and continually review SLA and OLA targets and metrics where necessary
• Identify, initiate and coordinate actions to maintain or improve service levels
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE, ESSENTIAL DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB. TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL DUTY SATISFACTORILY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY REQUIRED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
• Master’s degree in Engineering or IT is preferred, Bachelor’s is required
• Minimum 10 years relevant work experience
• 8-10 years systems engineering experience with a focus on service delivery
• Subject matter expertise in wireless technology including: 4G, VoLTE, IMS, CDMA, SS7, VoIP, and IP networking
• Detailed understanding of systems engineering and services engineering
• Understanding of the business and industry
• Demonstrated problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical and modeling tools
• Recommended technical certifications include: CCIE, SSCA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP or other networking or security certification are preferred
• ITIL® Foundation V3 certification is preferred
• Expertise in ITSM is preferred
• ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) Qualification is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.