MC Performance Analyst
2/27/2018 2:49:08 PM
The role is responsible for helping to drive channel insights through the use of analytics and performance reporting to improve performance. This role will collaborate within MCSO and with key cross-functional stakeholders in SANDS, Marketing Insights, Operations Control teams and other groups to gather key data needed to synthesize information on channel performance and effectiveness; this requires on-going collaboration within the data governance community of data sources, data modeling and database quality management to create comprehensive and high quality insight deliverables.
- Identifies data sources and behavioral insights from across the organization and partners with leader to identify how best to share behavioral insights and other findings to drive performance
- Proactively analyzes data and creates critical insights that clearly identify performance highlights, opportunities and trends across channels and within channels.
- Gathers requirements to develop reporting and analysis solutions to meet the needs of the business and stakeholders.
- Completes ad hoc data and reporting requests, using source systems and ad hoc data files, to generate useful business insights and present timely business critical results
- Works independently with data sets to create data solutions. Correlate, synthesize, validate, understand and report operational, customer engagement, quantitative and qualitative data points to identify key insights and trends.
- Completes data and report testing.
- Works with IT and third parties to drive proactive analytics, trend monitoring, and reporting for channel performance metrics.
- Troubleshoots and develops solutions to technical issues involving data aggregation and reporting.
- Collaborates with technical and business leaders to develop and maintain ongoing and ad-hoc reports to track key performance metrics related to Multi-Channel performance support and process improvement.
- Helps identify continuous improvement opportunities that increase efficiency and drive automation of reporting processes.
- Provides data and analysis to help the organization make key business decisions, considering the impacts of internal processes and enterprise initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in relevant analytical field with strong analytical, conceptual and strategic skills. Ability to work with imperfect or incompatible data to independently create custom computer applications.
- Minimum 1 year experience with systems development, data management, and business intelligence (BI).
- Proficient with advanced SQL coding/querying, automated reporting and process analysis, design, re-engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical analysis and data mining tools with advanced analytical skills in understanding, assessing and deriving critical insights from multiple data sets.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Excel, MS-Access, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Tools. Experience with databases such as Oracle preferred.
- Experience with data warehousing and analysis products such as Cognos BI tools, Software as a Solution (SaaS) visualization tools, ETL Tools including MicroStrategy, and Cognos or SaaS Portal maintenance and reporting setup.
- Solid understanding and sound knowledge of relational data base design principles.
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to correlate both qualitative and quantitative data to produce actionable insights.
- Experience with behavioral analytics; sales, call center, operations environments preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills. Demonstrated success with stakeholder/client management and proficiency to visually communicate insights.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit. Excellent problem solving skills. Proven ability to work closely in a collaborative manner with peers and leaders, proactively work independently while managing/prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to adapt to change in fast-paced environment, be creative, and be able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.